the only one...


posted by Unknown on

No comments

Dear Faisal,

This is not something I do very often, convey what I feel about you in a public space. But this can be an exception, because you have been great and the time difference makes it hard to have long conversations with you. First of all...a huuuuuuuuge 'THANK YOU!' from me..I know you didn't sign up for this..You've known about my dreams of pursuing my postgraduate studies in the US, but both of us never really thought it would happen. And I know its not because you didn't believe in me, but the economy was not so encouraging & I have been trying for years to get a scholarship with no success.

So when I finally did get one, and when I was finally offered an admission to Dartmouth, I guess it was a suprise for both of us. I could feel that it was hard for you to accept, to swallow the truth that I'll be away from you for 15 months. We have been together for 8 years, and not once have we been apart this long, & this far. I have so much respect for you because not once did you say 'Don't go'...Instead, what you said to me was 'This is your dream & I will support you all the way'..How lucky am I, to get someone as selfless as you. You have been my rock, you have been there for me through everything. Especially after mom died, when I had anxiety attacks and burst out crying & couldn't stop for no reason. You were there to hold my hand, to wait patiently until the grief passed and I could finally start breathing normally again.

I'm so sorry to take out 15 months out of our relationship, and to have to turn it into a LDR. Believe me, it hurts to not have you near me. To have no one to cheer me up when I'm down, buy me salted popcorn every time we see a movie and hold my hand through tough times. It has been a month and a half, yes time do flies. But I miss you every second, and i think of you when I am not busy studying or doing homework. I do cry a lot, a huge part of it is because I miss you, but another part is because of the fear i feel. Fear of losing you to whatever lies ahead. I trust you with all my heart, but I know that everything is in Allah's S.W.T hands, and that we can only plan the future. But do know, that I love you, and I will always be faithful to you. I cannot imagine being in love with anyone but you. So, please hold on okay babe? Let's keep doing what we're doing, by being honest & tolerant with each other. I know it's hard, & no matter what people say it's us who is in the relationship, we'll be the one's who decides if it'll work or fail. 

Just....don't stop loving me like you do okay? It's the best feeling in the world~=)

Can't wait to get back to you, luv,
-izza-


Leave a Reply