City Girls Adventure: Part 2


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

Hi there people...I know this entry is loooong overdue..I promised to write about the hike to Moousilauke, part 2 about a month ago...and I guess there has been more interesting things happening so I kinda deferred this post.

You can read about part 1 here.

So what happened the next morning was that we woke up at 6.30am, and had breakfast at the main lodge. We got together in groups, and I was like....'Hey guys which group has the most beginners? And which group is going up at a reaaaaaalllly slow pace?'...Yup I know, pathetic...I can't help it if I am not just the hiking type..here's us going towards the trail..


A pretty stream of water..I would have wanted to stop there and have a snack but the water was ice cold..


A mushroom that seriously looked like a pancake...don't you think so?


Here's our pack leader, Alex and Dhruv....they were always ahead...but they'd stop sometime to wait for us (okay I mean me) to catch up with them...


I was not talking to anyone during the whole hike...I was like 'Muussst....saaavveee...energyyyyy..fuh'...haha...everyone was like 'Izza why do you have your freaking sweater on, we're all drenched with sweat, aren't you hot?'....Me: 'Sorry guys I have no energy to take this sweater off now please don't talk to me'...Drama queen right?Haha....

Then suddenly Dhruv shouted 'Holy Shit'....He sounded like he found a dead body...So we all rushed to him (he was in front)..and saw that he was admiring a beautiful view of the mountain framed between trees..I was like 'That's why you shouted? Because you saw a mountain? We're on a mountain right now dude whats the big deal?'..See, its not that I don't enjoy nature...I love seeing God's creations and I think they're so perfect and unrealistically beautiful, but I just don't enjoy seeing them when I'm half dying from the lack of energy. It was a really hard hike, for me at least.


The whole group...




After what felt like forever, we reached the top after 2 hours. But you know what sucked? It was too foggy so we couldn't see anything. There was no view at all...NADA~ I dragged myself 4000 ft up to see fog and to be frozen to death? I guess we were really unlucky that day..We saw piles of rocks at the peak, I guess people who reached the peak added stones to the piles as a signature that they've been there.

And yeah, not to mention I could barely walk for like 3 days after the hike..Hrmm, it was a nice experience but I'll sure think twice the next time people ask me out to go hiking with them..haha..till later guys~


Leave a Reply