The Hop's 50th Anniversary: Igniting Imagination


posted by Unknown on

No comments

Hey hey~ I know I'm bombarding you guys with post's during the weekends but thats the only time I have to write and to report what's been happening, the weekdays are crazily busy for me. So here's another post on what I did on Friday. We have an art centre called The Hopkins Centre of the Arts and we nickname it "The Hop" here. It's where all the art students perform, and sometimes there are awesome shows from really famous people. I'm lucky because this year the hop is celebrating it's 50th anniversary, so there are a lot more awesome shows than usual. I went to a show involving these people:


It's called "Igniting Imagination", & the university called all the Dartmouth's alumni who became famous to perform. (hrmm...tak kenal diorng sape? Don't worry, same here...some faces are familiar tp yang lain2 tu ntah sape2..hehe). But OWH MY GOD, they are sooooooo talented. I sat really near to the stage, and I could see everything and was amazed how their beautiful voices echoed throughout the hall..The host was Aisha Tyler (she's the one on the far left, muka familiar tp tk tau pernah nampak kat ne), and she made the whole auditorium roar with laughter because she's freaking funny, and she's so beautiful.

Before the performance, there was a projection show by Ross Ashton outside the hop. Here's what the hop looks like during the day:


Here's what it looked like during the projection show:


So awesome right? 

And you know what's the best part? For student's the tickets are discounted to $5, so we get to see  world class performances for such a cheap price! Here's what it looked like inside the auditorium:


The show went on for 1 hour and 30 minutes..There was singing, archapello (acapella?), a digital orchestra (they made music with all the sounds of Dartmouth, like the sound of bell chimes from the Baker library, it was so awesome), a live orchestra, and a whole lot more...And of course I have to have a picture of myself in all my posts, haha....

That's Madhurya, Joyce and myself...


And I got to take a picture with Micheal from Dartmouth's Glee Club (Dartmouth Aires), and I've known them since before I came to the US. They won second place in the reality show 'Sing-Off'...You should see how awesome his vocals are in the video below:


I don't know what you guys think, but I was so entertained by their performance..Then again I love music, and this video makes me wanna dance!~ Haha...I love Dartmouth..=)




Leave a Reply