Boston...


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

Hi guys! Winter is approaching so Joyce & I thought it would be a good idea to go do a little shopping for that. We both needed boots and I needed more sweaters & winter coats, so we decided to go to Boston!

It was a hectic week (every week is hectic here!) so we could only go for 2 days. We started off on Friday & took the Dartmouth Coach & arrived at our budget hotel at 9.30am. We had to get up early because our bus ride was at 7am, and I slept the whole way through. Plus it was raining & the weather was so gloomy.

The trip was strictly for shopping, as much as I wanted to experience Boston's historical buildings I couldn't because we had so limited time! Boston is the largest city in New England, the capital of the state of Massachusetts, and one of the most historic, wealthy and influential cities in the United States of America (took this from Wikitravel). It's about 2.30 hours from Dartmouth, and the bus fare for a round trip is $50.


The subway & public bus was our main transportation there, and we asked a lot for directions. Once we arrived to the hotel & checked in our bags, we went to the social security office to send in our social security number application (we need this number to be able to work in the US). Something awful happened to me there...

While I was waiting for my number to be called, this black guy came in and sat next to me. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a grey sweater, and he was kinda plump & looked about 40 years old. After he sat down he looked at me and said, 'Look at you, you're so pretty~'..i smiled at him & said thank you. But it didn't stop there, he asked me if he could call me. My smile instantly disappeared & I said no. He kept saying 'ooooo please can I call you, I'm gonna cry if you tell me no'...at this point I was completely ignoring him. I should have gotten up & sat at some other place but I don't know why I didn't. He scanned my body and make some awful sounds, & then said some dirty things that I would rather not mention here. I think the guard saw my tight face & he asked the man to come to him. Owh yeah joyce's number was called before this guy sat beside me so she wasnt present during this whole incident. Right after the guard asked the guy to come to him, my number was called & I practically jumped & ran towards the counter.

It was sooooo creepy. I was a little bit shaken after that, but after a while I could finally distract myself with the sightseeing. We went to ate lunch at this awesome italian restaurant called Rustica Cafe on Canal St. I had Lobster Ravioli & Cannoli for $16. And the Ravioli tasted awesoooooome! Sorry I don't have a picture of it, was to hungry to care about photography.



The cannoli:

After that we went to Newbury St. for shopping. I bought stuff from H&M, Zara & Forever21. Here's a few pics...owh yeah there was this yummy cupcake store, i think it's called Georgetown cupcakes. Way way better than the famous 'Wondermilk' cupcakes in Malaysia.


Please excuse the messy hair, it was raining and windy...

Sorry I have no idea what these buildings are, as I said I was there for the shopping..




Bubur Cha Cha in Chinatown, Boston! I wonder how it tastes.. 


Dartmouth St~


Overall it was a nice trip, and i'll definitely come back to explore Boston. I really want to go to Harvard Square. And I think I spent like $700 for shopping, uwaaaa~ Looks like I have to eat cereal everyday from now on...till then, take care folks in Malaysia~












Leave a Reply