Obviously Nerdy..


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

hi there! im suppose to be listenning to the presentation right now (it's the last day of my orientation)...but its soo boring~ went to dartmouth's medical school to accompany joyce for her immunization appointment. the clinic here is called dick's house, n its kinda cool cause the place looks so vintage. here's a pic i snapped while waiting for joyce..


cool wallpaper n tiles right? it didnt really feel like we were in a clinic...and here's a part of the geisel medicine school..



n guess what? i will have two electives that i need to enroll in my last term..you know whats so exciting? i can take a class from ANY school! ANY!!! I can choose classes from the law school, medicine school, business school or maybe even acting classes from the art's and science school! Although I doubt that my program director would approve that. Haha....but this is what I love! The flexibility of American universities.

They let us pursue what we want, so we are more motivated to learn since the classes are structured according to our personal interests. 

I tried to do this during high school, we had 3 types of major: science, art & computer technology. My late mom fought really hard with the principle, because I told her I wanted to take both the science & computer major. But the principle refused to approve of this, & the reason was because no one had ever done it before & she thought the work would be too much for me. Which..I'm sorry to say...are such shitty reasons. I was getting mostly A's and B's in class, so I don't think I was incapable of taking two majors. I mean, student's in the US do it all the time.

And I couldn't really do anything about it during that time because no one but my parent's supported me. Even other teacher's were a little skeptical. But it's OK. Everything is working out fine for me, alhamdulillah. But I really hope Malaysian teacher's can be a little bit more open minded. Which I think they are nowadays, since students can take up to 15 (or more!) subjects in high school.

Back to taking classes from other schools...man~ I was so excited cause I really wanted to see how it was like in law or medicine school. Yeah I know they might just let us take really easy & general subjects, but hey...at least I have a glimpse of what's on Mars & Jupiter right? A totally unfamilliar terrain..and I can't wait!

I think I feel more excited now, than the time dad told me he'd buy me a new macbook pro. What kind of human being get's excited over going to class? Damn...I am such a nerd..Haha!





Leave a Reply