Weekend Potluck!!~


posted by Unknown on

No comments

Hey there! What I love about studying overseas is that you get friends from all over the world...I'm very lucky that my program has a very diverse body of students..we have people from the United States (duhh!), China, India, Africa, Nepal, Korea and the Netherlands. 

A few of us who stayed back for the holidays decided to plan a potluck...it was a really nice evening..the dinner was supposed to be at 7pm but I came late. And when I came in everyone was helping out to make Momos. Haha..i've never heard of Momo's before..they are similar to dumplings..so all we had to do was fill the wrap with the fillings we made and bundle everything up..

I learned also that there are wines specially for dessert..they're suppose to taste really sweet..owh yeah, i made a simple dish of shrimp fried rice and used oyster sauce to enhance the taste...after we ate, we watched an awesome movie called 'Donnie Draco'..i wouldn't have understood the movie if my friends didn't explain it to me..it's very complicated & confusing..and there's a creepy ugly bunny in it..you should definitely watch it if you haven't (don't think any other movies have creepy ugly bunnies)..=)



Briyani rice, shrimp fried rice, momos, a salad, and chicken tikka masala (dhruv was kind enough to buy halal chicken for me to taste his tikka masala! so sweet of him~)






it's funny because i thought only depressed girls pig on ice cream, my friend amogh proved to me that guys do it too! haha..



Leave a Reply