New York City y'all!!~


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

Hiiiiii! I am very, very dissappointed in myself that I have not updated this blog as often as I want to. You would think that it's the winter break, I would have more time to write, right? Wrong! Working at the machine shop takes half of the day, and by the time I get back from the gym it's 7 or 8pm. Then I go right to preparing myself for my internship this summer. I have so many people to contact and so many books to read. But I love it. Being busy makes my blood rush, & believe it or not I'm happier when there are more things to do.

Since I decided not to go back, I made a promise to myself to travel to at least one popular place in the US. So when I was invited by a friend to join her trip to New York City, I was ecstatic. I mean, its NEW YORK CITY! Who doesn't wanna go there? Either you don't like travelling, or your general knowledge is so weak that you don't know how awesome NYC is.

And coincidently, I went during an event called Black Friday. For those of you who don't know what that is: read this. Basically it's just a day where there are major sales in all stores. And you guys know how weak my resistance is towards shopping, and yeah FYI I am broke now. I spent like around 1000 USD. I think I forgot that I am now a student & that I don't have a consistent amount of money deposited into my account every month. Damn~ =(

The trip was soooooooo awesome! Never in my life that I thought I would ride around NYC in a limo. I mean, I didn't even know you can do that. And also, I am a city girl. But owh my god,  NY is a city with a totally different level. There were so many people, and everything is so fast-paced. I was scared to even stop to ask for directions because everyone was walking so fast. I am an avid shopper, but I nearly fainted in the Steve Madden shop because of the rush. Guess I am not the hardcore shopper I though I was.

But yeah, I met great people. It amazes me, how you can build a bond and have a smashing time with people you just met. I felt like I've known them for years. We laughed so much that my stomach hurt and my mascara smudged because of the tears. I could go on and on about how awesome the trip was, but let me just show you the pics. =)

This is from the Rockefeller Centre where we had like a high class dinner (my wallet was crying).






Then we went shopping for 8 hours at Woodbury Premium Outlets. This is where my bank account got really damaged. Haha..


After that, my friends were too tired and slept because we shopped from 2am to 9am. I slept until 2pm, and woke up to walk by myself and explore Central Park. Which is quite far from where I stayed, my friend's apartment was in Newport, New Jersey. Around 20 minutes from NYC. So it was scary for me to take the subway alone, and find where Central Park is all by myself. I really didn't wanna wake my friend but I also didn't wanna miss the chance to explore so i just said WTH and went. No regrets at all though, the view at Central Park was phenomenal. 


After that I actually got lost trying to find MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) and gave up, almost cried as I dragged myself to starbucks to calm myself with a caramel macchiato. Another friend saved my day and called me up, asking me if I wanted to see a broadway show. I almost jumped and screamed 'yes! totally..i am soooo in!'...haha, i just love love love musicals theathers. And this was THE broadway, of course I was pumped to go.  I don't have any pictures though, we weren't allowed to take them. But I do have a few pics of Timesquare, the broadway theathers were located there.



The next day I went to Metropolitan Museum of Art, and let me tell you this...that place is huge. You'd take all day to finish all the sections. I was so tired by the end of the day, but of course you can't just go home to bed in a city like New York. So we decided to call up a few more friends to go bowling. Loved every second of the game, because we were dancing and laughing at how awful we were. After the game my friends kindly brought me to taste some halal street food and it was delicious. Surprisingly cheap too!









The last day was spent with having brunch with a few awesome girlfriends. Thank you for having me guys! =)



I would say, that the trip was so worth it. Please everyone, if you do get to come to the States, New York is a must see!=)

Leave a Reply